The BODYSPEC Truck is coming to The Coalition on Sunday, January 11th. The truck will be there from 8AM – 12PM.
Here’s an overview of what the BODYSPEC Scan will do.
BodySpec performs body fat and body composition testing using a truck equipped with a DEXA scanner. The scanner uses a very weak x-ray beam that images each inch of your body, and takes approximately 10 minutes. Clients do this scan fully clothed – the only restrictions are that clients need to be under 350 lbs, no metal (zippers, bra underwires) and no pregnant women. (The x-ray is completely safe – radiation exposure is less than what you get on a plane flight from LA to NY.). Each scan generates the following data points:
– Total Body Fat %
– Lean Tissue Assessment (Quantity and %)
– Fat Tissue Assessment (Quantity and %)
– Regional Tissue Analysis (i.e. arms, legs, trunk, android, gynoid)
– Bone Density
– Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR)
– Relative Skeletal Muscle Index (RSMI)
– Body Fat Distribution Ratios
– Muscle Symmetry Analysis
How It Works
1. Clients schedule a scan appointment and pay on our website. The schedule can be viewed HERE.
2. On scan day, the BodySpec truck arrives at the gym. Clients show up for their appointments
3. Each client fills out some paperwork and then lies down on our scanner for 10 minutes. Afterwards, they’ll receive a paper printout of their results
4. Digital copies of these results are uploaded into the client’s account on the BodySpec website for them to access anytime
Quantifying – this is simply the most accurate, granular, and actionable body composition scan available to the fitness industry. Our scanner was designed by General Electric for use at hospitals and universities for medical testing and research – thus the scanner offers medical-grade precision.
Tracking – Once a client does 2 or more scans, they can track exactly how their body composition changed in that time period. This is incredibly powerful when used in conjunction with a training or diet program – It is a direct visualization of the impact of their training!
Improvement – Having a precise quantification of body fat and muscle mass helps clients set more meaningful health and training goals. We also provide android/gynoid fat ratios to help clients determine risk of heart disease, as well as RMR calculations based on precise measurements of lean tissue. All these tools help inform clients optimize their training and develop concrete plans to achieve their health and fitness goals.
We have the most competitive prices for this technology…ANYWHERE! Here’s how it works:
REGULAR PRICE SCAN PACKAGE
$55 per 1 scan
$100 per 2 scans
$190 per 4 scans
NEW CLIENT PRICING
$40 FIRST SCAN
Discount Code: BS40FIRST
If that individual agrees to buy a second scan, they’ll save $15 on whatever regular price scan package they buy (see above).
This will be very beneficial to do before The Whole Life Challenge begins on January 17th. You do not need to be a part of The Whole Life Challenge to sign up for the body scan. This is open to anybody looking to participate in the body scan event. If you have any questions about BODYSPEC, feel free to ask!
Workout of the Day
A. In six sets or less, build to a 1RM Front Squat
“20-Minute Work Capacity Test”
As many rounds and reps as possible in 20 minutes of:
20 Thrusters 135/95
*Compare to November 3, 2014